Govt to advertise best practices on RTI
New Delhi: The Centre on Tuesday decided to publicise best practices on implementation of Right to Information (RTI) Act by public authorities across the country.
The Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT), which acts as a nodal body for the implementation of RTI Act, has invited "write ups" from citizens about the best practices on RTI being adopted by public authorities all over the country.
The DoPT plans to publish a compendium of best practices on the RTI being adopted by a government department or public authority.
"The best 20 write-ups would be selected for inclusion in the compendium. The individuals whose write ups are selected for inclusion in the compendium would be rewarded with a lumpsum amount of Rs 25,000 each," the DoPT said.
The write up should carry need felt or problem faced by the public authority leading to adoption of such practice, details of the said practice including its scope, financial implications, and deployment of resources such as manpower, infrastructure, etc and lessons learnt by the concerned department during its implementation, it said.
Besides, positive positive outcome of such practice in the implementation of the RTI Act and scope of its replication in other public authorities may be included in the write ups by an interested citizen.
The neatly typed write-ups should be of about 5,000 words and must reach the department before June 28, it said.
"There are many good practices being followed by various public authorities. We want it to reach all people and other public authorities so that they also start following them. That is why we decided to publish the compendium with the people`s help. It (people`s support) will help us in saving time too," a DoPT official said.
The Centre`s flagship Right to Information Act, which was enacted in 2005, mandates timely response to citizen requests for government information. One has to pay a fee of Rs 10 for seeking information.
The DoPT had last month also started a unique facility of submitting RTI applications and fees online.
It has created a portal--www.Rtionline.Gov.In--with an aim to help people exercise their right to know through online medium.
The boundary settlement should be pursued as "strategic
objective" by the two countries: India on vexed boundary issue with China.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now
- RBSE 12th Results 2015 (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in): Rajasthan Board BSER Ajmer Senior Secondary Class 12th XII Intermediate Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today on May 22
- Rajasthan Board RBSE 12th Inter Results 2015: BSER Ajmer (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in) Senior Secondary Class 12th Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today at 2 PM