Govt to bring women reservation bill shortly: Sangma
Dehradun: Union Minister of State for Rural
Development Agatha Sangma on Tuesday said the Centre would shortly
bring women reservation bill in Parliament.
A consensus is being emerged for the early passage of the
women reservation bill and shortly it would be brought in the
parliament, Sangma told reporters here after attending a
meeting of women from rural areas of Jammu and Kashmir,
Uttarakhand and Himachal Pradesh.
The meeting `Himalayan Women: Political, Economic and
Social leadership`, was convened at the office of Himalayan
Environment Science and Conservation (HESCO), a Dehradun based
NGO, working for the upliftment of poor through technologies.
Regarding poor rail connectivity in Uttarakhand, the
minister said she would take up the issue with concerned
authorities to strengthen the railway network in the hill
state as infrastructure plays a crucial role in alleviating
the status of rural population.
On the occasion, a declaration was also launched for
setting up a forum for Himalayan women, and Sangma was the
first signatory to it. The declaration, which would discuss
issues related to women, would travel to all the Himalayan
The NCP MP had yesterday visited some villages in
Dehradun where people have become self-reliant by using simple
technologies. Later, she expressed her desire to take the
technologies to the North-East so that the rural population
there can also earn their livelihood using them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?