Govt to face new pressure group in Parliament session
New Delhi: With broad contours of a `Third Force` emerging ahead of Lok Sabha polls, Government will have to face a new pressure group from the Opposition minus BJP on key issues as Parliament`s extended winter session re-convenes on February 5.
Amid efforts by Left and other parties to form a non-Congress, non-BJP conglomeration, a meeting of Parliamentary party leaders from Left parties, SP, JDU, JDS, AIADMK, BJD, AGP and JVM (P)?is scheduled in Parliament House Committee room on February 5 to work out a common floor strategy against the government.
The broad parameters for the strategy were decided in a meeting of CPI-M leader Sitaram Yechury, SP leader Ramgopal Yadav and JD(U) general secretary Ramgopal Yadav on February 27 in Delhi, sources said.
The issue of federal rights vis-a-vis Centre-States relation will provide the glue for these regional satraps to stick together, a senior politician associated with?the exercise said.
When contacted, JD(U) leader KC Tyagi said, "One factor which has clearly emerged after results of the assembly elections in four major states recently is that there is an anti-Congress mood in the country.
"If there is some non-Congress option other than BJP,? people are ready to vote for it. This fact comes out from the result of Delhi Assembly elections in which a new party AAP formed government despite the presence of Congress and BJP. We are thinking on that."
The JD(U) leader also said that Congress has failed to check "communal forces" so the task has now come to regional parties.
"We will check BJP. Regional parties are very strong in their specific states," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre