Govt to filter out frivolous complaints against bureaucrats
New Delhi: The government has constituted a
group led by a Cabinet Secretary to filter out frivolous
complaints against secretaries of Union ministries and take
appropriate action based on their "gravity, seriousness and
nature of the allegations".
The group will also comprise secretaries to prime
minister, coordination wing in the Cabinet Secretariat,
Department of Personnel and Training, and Central Vigilance
The move is an attempt to lower the burden of DoPT, which
receives all the complaints against secretaries in Central
government, some of them "frivolous or vague" are also given
importance meant for grave complaints, the DoPT said in an
"It has been observed that under the system presently
prevalent, complaints against secretaries to the Government of
India are sent to the Department of Personnel and Training or
the administrative ministries concerned for examination and
necessary action," it said.
The cabinet secretary-led group would scrutinise
complaints received against the secretaries and if it is
frivolous in nature, the group would close the file after
informing the department.
If there is substance in the complaint the group would
take a view regarding the nature of the investigation called
for and an appropriate recommendation made in this regard, the
"It is considered appropriate that complaints against
secretaries to the Government of India are scrutinised
carefully and appropriate action taken based on their gravity,
seriousness and the nature of the allegations," it said.
The group will also be looking into the complaints
received by the cabinet secretary from CVC under the CVC Act
or the Public Interest Disclosure Resolution.
"The CVC shall be kept informed at regular intervals
about the status of the scrutiny/review undertaken by the
group into complaints forwarded by the CVC", it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?-Part II
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?-Part III
- DNA: Media bribed for suppressing details of AgustaWestland chopper scam
- DNA: India's own GPS system, IRNSS-G1 successfully launched
- PM Modi tests performance of BJP MPs on social media; Sushma Swaraj emerges star performer
- CAD to widen to $25 billion in FY17 on surge in gold imports, sluggish exports: Report
- Govt to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose on Friday
- Scary! Truck carrying firecrackers catches fire at Yamuna Expressway – Watch
- Watch video: Top 10 incredible health benefits of pineapples!