Govt to give financial help to cancer patients
New Delhi: Concerned over the growing
incidence of cancer, Government plans to go in for a scheme
under which 100 patients in each district would be provided
Rs one lakh for treatment, the Lok Sabha was informed today.
Health Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad said that at present the
scheme was being run on a pilot basis in 100 districts in 21
states and it would be extended to all districts in a year or
Responding to Jai Prakash Agarwal (Cong) during the Zero
Hour, the Minister said the way incidence of cancer and
diabetes was increasing, the country will soon be having the
largest number of persons suffering from the diseases.
Agarwal wanted that the funds available to MPs under
MPLADS should be allowed to be made available to institutes
like AIIMS and Tata Hospital for the treatment of cancer
He said such help was needed as families of cancer
patients become bankrupt while providing the costly medical
services. He was supported by Dara Singh Chauhan (BSP) and
Sanjiv Naik (NCP).
The Minister said that government would bear all the cost
of treatment of cancer patients who live below poverty line
and have BPL cards.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL