Govt to maintain Brar security by troops
New Delhi: Government on Tuesday took stock of the security of Lt Gen (Retd) K S Brar, who survived an assassination attempt in London, and decided to continue his tight security by army soldiers and ensure all stakeholders are informed in advance about his travel plans.
The security of Brar, who was attacked in London last week for his role in Operation Bluestar, was discussed threadbare at a high-level meeting chaired by Union Home Secretary R K Singh and it was decided that the round-the-clock security of soldiers would continue.
The issue of communication gap between the defence establishment and the Home Ministry and the probable leak of information about Brar`s travel plan also came up for discussion.
Henceforth, local army authorities in Mumbai would immediately inform the Home Ministry through the Ministry of Defence whenever Brar undertakes any travel abroad and the Home Ministry will ensure his security outside country through foreign governments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued