Govt to maintain Brar security by troops
New Delhi: Government on Tuesday took stock of the security of Lt Gen (Retd) K S Brar, who survived an assassination attempt in London, and decided to continue his tight security by army soldiers and ensure all stakeholders are informed in advance about his travel plans.
The security of Brar, who was attacked in London last week for his role in Operation Bluestar, was discussed threadbare at a high-level meeting chaired by Union Home Secretary R K Singh and it was decided that the round-the-clock security of soldiers would continue.
The issue of communication gap between the defence establishment and the Home Ministry and the probable leak of information about Brar`s travel plan also came up for discussion.
Henceforth, local army authorities in Mumbai would immediately inform the Home Ministry through the Ministry of Defence whenever Brar undertakes any travel abroad and the Home Ministry will ensure his security outside country through foreign governments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists?
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part II
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part III
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part IV
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- BELIEVE IT OR NOT! This cricket team was bowled out of just 3 runs – Details inside
- Govt mulls curbs on sugar sales at mill level to check prices
- iPhone 7 to be launched on September 16: Report
- Virat Kohli: The making of India's greatest Test captain
- Pacer Neil Wagner bags six wickets as New Zealand restrict Zimbabwe to 164 on Day 1