Govt to monitor Anna’s speeches
New Delhi: A visibly uncomfortable government has decided to keep a strict watch on Anna Hazare and his fiery speeches during his three-day fast, which begins Tuesday in Mumbai to press for a strong Lokpal.
Additional Chief Secretary of Home UC Sarangi said that the state government would keep a strict watch on Anna’s movement and his speeches during the three-day agitation.
Sarangi also warned that if anything objectionable is found in his speeches, the government will take appropriate action against him.
Sarangi, who in the past 25 years has resolved several agitations in the state involving Anna and is negotiating with the social activist to break the Lokpal logjam, has held talks with him on behalf of the government during his earlier hunger-strikes.
However, it is not clear whether he will do so in Mumbai this time also.
The 48,000-square-metre MMRDA ground has a capacity to accommodate over 60,000 people. However, it will be renting out 20,000 square metres for the rally and 10,000 square metres for parking.
With IANS Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city