Govt to monitor Anna’s speeches
New Delhi: A visibly uncomfortable government has decided to keep a strict watch on Anna Hazare and his fiery speeches during his three-day fast, which begins Tuesday in Mumbai to press for a strong Lokpal.
Additional Chief Secretary of Home UC Sarangi said that the state government would keep a strict watch on Anna’s movement and his speeches during the three-day agitation.
Sarangi also warned that if anything objectionable is found in his speeches, the government will take appropriate action against him.
Sarangi, who in the past 25 years has resolved several agitations in the state involving Anna and is negotiating with the social activist to break the Lokpal logjam, has held talks with him on behalf of the government during his earlier hunger-strikes.
However, it is not clear whether he will do so in Mumbai this time also.
The 48,000-square-metre MMRDA ground has a capacity to accommodate over 60,000 people. However, it will be renting out 20,000 square metres for the rally and 10,000 square metres for parking.
With IANS Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP