Govt to probe Yasin Malik sharing dais with Hafiz Saeed in Pakistan
New Delhi: Ministry of Home Affairs on Monday said it will conduct inquiry into the incident of Jammu and Kashmir Liberation Front chief Yasin Malik sharing the dais with 26/11 Mumbai terror attack mastermind and Lashkar-e-Toiba chief Hafiz Saeed in Islamabad.
When questioned about what he thought of the separatist leader’s meeting with Saeed, Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde said that an inquiry would be made into the former’s Pak visit.
Responding to the entire episode, Information and Broadcasting minister, Manish Tewari, said, “If anyone (Yasin Malik) decides to share a dais with him (Hafiz Saeed), it is a matter of concern.”
“Sure that the appropriate agency in the Home Ministry will look into this,” he added.
Malik had on Sunday shared the dais with Hafiz Saeed and addressed people who had gathered to offer funeral prayers for Afzal Guru, who was hanged inside Tihar jail on Sunday.
Malik had asked the Pakistan government not to make any "hasty decision" on Indian death row prisoner Sarabjit Singh in the wake of Afzal Guru`s execution.
BJP`s Jammu and Kashmir unit demanded that the separatist leader`s Indian passport be cancelled.
Tewari said the sensitivities with regard to Saeed should be kept in mind by people holding an Indian passport whether they are separatists or nationalists.
External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid said he would look into the matter after getting details from the Home Ministry.
With Agency inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues