Govt to probe Yasin Malik sharing dais with Hafiz Saeed in Pakistan
New Delhi: Ministry of Home Affairs on Monday said it will conduct inquiry into the incident of Jammu and Kashmir Liberation Front chief Yasin Malik sharing the dais with 26/11 Mumbai terror attack mastermind and Lashkar-e-Toiba chief Hafiz Saeed in Islamabad.
When questioned about what he thought of the separatist leader’s meeting with Saeed, Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde said that an inquiry would be made into the former’s Pak visit.
Responding to the entire episode, Information and Broadcasting minister, Manish Tewari, said, “If anyone (Yasin Malik) decides to share a dais with him (Hafiz Saeed), it is a matter of concern.”
“Sure that the appropriate agency in the Home Ministry will look into this,” he added.
Malik had on Sunday shared the dais with Hafiz Saeed and addressed people who had gathered to offer funeral prayers for Afzal Guru, who was hanged inside Tihar jail on Sunday.
Malik had asked the Pakistan government not to make any "hasty decision" on Indian death row prisoner Sarabjit Singh in the wake of Afzal Guru`s execution.
BJP`s Jammu and Kashmir unit demanded that the separatist leader`s Indian passport be cancelled.
Tewari said the sensitivities with regard to Saeed should be kept in mind by people holding an Indian passport whether they are separatists or nationalists.
External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid said he would look into the matter after getting details from the Home Ministry.
With Agency inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH