Govt to probe Yasin Malik sharing dais with Hafiz Saeed in Pakistan
New Delhi: Ministry of Home Affairs on Monday said it will conduct inquiry into the incident of Jammu and Kashmir Liberation Front chief Yasin Malik sharing the dais with 26/11 Mumbai terror attack mastermind and Lashkar-e-Toiba chief Hafiz Saeed in Islamabad.
When questioned about what he thought of the separatist leader’s meeting with Saeed, Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde said that an inquiry would be made into the former’s Pak visit.
Responding to the entire episode, Information and Broadcasting minister, Manish Tewari, said, “If anyone (Yasin Malik) decides to share a dais with him (Hafiz Saeed), it is a matter of concern.”
“Sure that the appropriate agency in the Home Ministry will look into this,” he added.
Malik had on Sunday shared the dais with Hafiz Saeed and addressed people who had gathered to offer funeral prayers for Afzal Guru, who was hanged inside Tihar jail on Sunday.
Malik had asked the Pakistan government not to make any "hasty decision" on Indian death row prisoner Sarabjit Singh in the wake of Afzal Guru`s execution.
BJP`s Jammu and Kashmir unit demanded that the separatist leader`s Indian passport be cancelled.
Tewari said the sensitivities with regard to Saeed should be kept in mind by people holding an Indian passport whether they are separatists or nationalists.
External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid said he would look into the matter after getting details from the Home Ministry.
With Agency inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY