Govt to relaunch upgradation of road networks
New Delhi: Buoyed by successful completion of road projects under the Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana (PMGSY) in six states, government is all set to re-launch the scheme for upgradation of existing road networks and with scope for new projects in these areas.
While the focus of PMGSY is on providing new road connectivity to rural areas, the new scheme will target upgradtion of existing road networks, including those in tribal areas and villages located on the border, Rural Development Minister Jairam Ramesh said here.
The six states where the PMGSY-II will be launched are Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh, Maharashtra, Rajasthan, Haryana and Nagaland.
"PMGSY-II is focussed on upgradation, and there will be a connectivity window also... It will go to the Cabinet next month for approval and will address the concerns of these six states and of tribal areas which have below 250 habitation and concerns of border villages," Ramesh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok