Govt to release special stamp on ITBP
New Delhi: A commemorative postage stamp to mark the 50th year of raising of border guarding force ITBP will be released on Monday.
The stamp, developed and designed by the postal department, will depict three armed ITBP commandos donning their camouflage white and grey fatigues with a golden jubilee logo in the background.
Union Minister of State for Communications and Information Technology Sachin Pilot will release the stamp at the ITBP headquarters here.
The Indo-Tibetan Border Police, raised in 1962 in the aftermath of the Chinese aggression, guards the 3,488-km-long Sino-India frontier.
The 50,000 personnel strong force is deployed at high altitudes and in sub-zero temperatures along the icy frontier besides rendering a host of internal security duties including anti-Maoist operations.
The troopers, called `Himveers`, have undertaken an Everest expedition and a river rafting voyage in the Ganges earlier this year as part of the force`s raising celebrations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday