Govt to release special stamp on ITBP
New Delhi: A commemorative postage stamp to mark the 50th year of raising of border guarding force ITBP will be released on Monday.
The stamp, developed and designed by the postal department, will depict three armed ITBP commandos donning their camouflage white and grey fatigues with a golden jubilee logo in the background.
Union Minister of State for Communications and Information Technology Sachin Pilot will release the stamp at the ITBP headquarters here.
The Indo-Tibetan Border Police, raised in 1962 in the aftermath of the Chinese aggression, guards the 3,488-km-long Sino-India frontier.
The 50,000 personnel strong force is deployed at high altitudes and in sub-zero temperatures along the icy frontier besides rendering a host of internal security duties including anti-Maoist operations.
The troopers, called `Himveers`, have undertaken an Everest expedition and a river rafting voyage in the Ganges earlier this year as part of the force`s raising celebrations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Sonia Gandhi answer RSS's claim of igniting riots in the country?
- DNA: Only 4% of Indian polpulation pays income tax
- Police arrest person accused of abducting woman in Bengaluru
- Scientists find three Earth-sized planets orbiting dwarf star
- Kerala: Dalit law student brutally raped, murdered in Ernakulam
- Horror! In chilling reminder of Delhi gang-rape, woman in Kerala brutally raped, intestines pulled out
- Cong accuses PM Modi of doctoring birth details, education info; threatens to expose facts
- North Korean dictator Kim Jong-Un bans all weddings, funerals ahead of party congress: Report
- Funny video: Squirrel taunts house cat through glass door – Watch
- L&T Finance terminates over 500 employees citing poor performance