Govt to release special stamp on ITBP
New Delhi: A commemorative postage stamp to mark the 50th year of raising of border guarding force ITBP will be released on Monday.
The stamp, developed and designed by the postal department, will depict three armed ITBP commandos donning their camouflage white and grey fatigues with a golden jubilee logo in the background.
Union Minister of State for Communications and Information Technology Sachin Pilot will release the stamp at the ITBP headquarters here.
The Indo-Tibetan Border Police, raised in 1962 in the aftermath of the Chinese aggression, guards the 3,488-km-long Sino-India frontier.
The 50,000 personnel strong force is deployed at high altitudes and in sub-zero temperatures along the icy frontier besides rendering a host of internal security duties including anti-Maoist operations.
The troopers, called `Himveers`, have undertaken an Everest expedition and a river rafting voyage in the Ganges earlier this year as part of the force`s raising celebrations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- SSC CGL 2016 exam dates out; read the eligibility criteria, registration details
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another