Govt to revive Pawan Hans, construct heliport at Rohini
New Delhi: The government on Wednesday said it
was taking several measures like expansion of heli tourism and
construction of heliport at Rohini here to boost performance
of state-run Pawan Hans Helicopters Ltd.
"Pawan Hans Helicopters Ltd (PHHL) has taken various
steps to improve its functioning, which inter alia include
expansion of the customer base, exploring new areas of
operations such as medical evacuation, expansion of heli
tourism, sea-plane services, training of technicians and
construction of heliport at Rohini," Civil Aviation Minister
Vayalar Ravi told Lok Sabha in a written reply to a question.
He said reviewing performance of organisations under
the administrative control of Ministry of Civil Aviation is a
"One such review meeting in respect of PHHL was held
on February 23 in which the performance of the organisation
and its strategy towards its holistic growth was discussed,"
PHHL has plan to procure two twin engine light
helicopters and two ultra light helicopters. "It also has a
plan for taking one heavy duty helicopter on wet lease," the
PHHL`s net profit, after tax, in 2009-10 was Rs 35.59
crores as against Rs 25.12 crore in 2008-09 and Rs 23.17 crore
in 2007-08. It is the national helicopter company of the
country which was incorporated in 1985.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- When a professor sexually abused a girl in classroom; watch other students' reaction
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi