Govt to set up lab for testing of meat, poultry products
New Delhi: In order to increase exports of
meat and poultry products from the country, a quality testing
laboratory will be set up in Delhi next month, Union Food
Processing Minister Subodh Kant Sahai said today.
"To facilitate exports, the National Meat and Poultry
Processing Board is establishing the first meat and poultry
food testing lab in Delhi that will start functioning by June
30, Sahai said at the Board`s second national conference here.
He also said that at least four more such laboratories
will be required in order to facilitate easier quality testing
of the products.
Noting that India, which has the largest livestock
population in the world (42 crore), has only 2 per cent share
in the global meat market, Sahai said that appropriate
measures need to be taken to increase this.
Upgrading slaughter houses, training butchers and
arranging for transportation facilities that refrigerate the
meat and poultry products from the point of production to
supply are needed in order to increase exports.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video