Govt to set up lab for testing of meat, poultry products
New Delhi: In order to increase exports of
meat and poultry products from the country, a quality testing
laboratory will be set up in Delhi next month, Union Food
Processing Minister Subodh Kant Sahai said today.
"To facilitate exports, the National Meat and Poultry
Processing Board is establishing the first meat and poultry
food testing lab in Delhi that will start functioning by June
30, Sahai said at the Board`s second national conference here.
He also said that at least four more such laboratories
will be required in order to facilitate easier quality testing
of the products.
Noting that India, which has the largest livestock
population in the world (42 crore), has only 2 per cent share
in the global meat market, Sahai said that appropriate
measures need to be taken to increase this.
Upgrading slaughter houses, training butchers and
arranging for transportation facilities that refrigerate the
meat and poultry products from the point of production to
supply are needed in order to increase exports.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?