Govt to soon finalise rules for boiler inspection
New Delhi: The government on Thursday said it will
soon finalise rules for third-party inspection of boilers, a
move that will benefit wide spectrum of industries especially
in power and refinery sectors.
"We will be able to finalise regulations (for inspection
by third parties) in about three months time which includes
statutory period of 45 days for pre-publication," the commerce
and industry ministry said in a statement.
The Central Boiler Board has already finalised the basis
on which the rules and regulations for inspection of boilers
by the third parties and competent persons would be framed,
the statement added.
After coming into force, the regulations would lead to a
"simplified and more accessible user friendly framework for
the administration of the Boilers Act and also protect
manufacturers/users interest without sacrificing the safety
of the boilers".
The new norms, it added, would benefit industries in
sectors like power, chemicals, refineries, steel, paper and
The Boilers Act provides for safety of life and property
from the danger of explosion of boilers. The Act also provide
for registration and inspection of boilers during operation
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Live: Supporters pay last respects to Jayalalithaa at Rajaji Hall; cremation today evening
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest