Govt to soon finalise rules for boiler inspection
New Delhi: The government on Thursday said it will
soon finalise rules for third-party inspection of boilers, a
move that will benefit wide spectrum of industries especially
in power and refinery sectors.
"We will be able to finalise regulations (for inspection
by third parties) in about three months time which includes
statutory period of 45 days for pre-publication," the commerce
and industry ministry said in a statement.
The Central Boiler Board has already finalised the basis
on which the rules and regulations for inspection of boilers
by the third parties and competent persons would be framed,
the statement added.
After coming into force, the regulations would lead to a
"simplified and more accessible user friendly framework for
the administration of the Boilers Act and also protect
manufacturers/users interest without sacrificing the safety
of the boilers".
The new norms, it added, would benefit industries in
sectors like power, chemicals, refineries, steel, paper and
The Boilers Act provides for safety of life and property
from the danger of explosion of boilers. The Act also provide
for registration and inspection of boilers during operation
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- Panel discussion on detention of goat for grazing in bureaucrat's garden
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- WATCH: 'Sting videos of Kejriwal govt's minister Imran Hussain's staffer demanding bribe of Rs 25 lakh for his boss'
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch