Govt to train states on improving public service delivery
New Delhi: The Centre has undertaken a mammoth task of training frontline personnel in states who are working on key development programmes aimed at improving public service delivery system.
Officials said that about a dozen state-specific programmes have already been earmarked and training of the people involved in executing it at the ground level are in full swing in many states.
The Centre is spending crores of rupees to groom state governments personnel involved in public service delivery chain through its ambitious `Intensive Training Programme`.
"The ITP is an unique project being implemented in the states. The Central Government, in coordination with state governments, is training ground level staff who directly interface with people on various pro-public development programmes," said Upma Srivastava, Joint Secretary in the Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT), which acts as a nodal agency for its implementation.
She said at present over a dozen programmes are being implemented in Madhya Pradesh, Odisha, Maharashtra, Gujarat, Uttarakhand and Uttar Pradesh among other states.
The project under the intensive training programmes are chosen jointly by the Centre and the concerned states and necessary infrastructure and training support through Administrative Training Institutes (ATIs).
Under the plan, the State ATIs are expected to submit the Approach Paper with work or action plan formulated in consultation with the select line department for implementing the project for the Centre`s approval.
During 2011-12, funds amounting to about Rs 4.21 crore have been released to 15 State ATIs till December 2011 for intensive training in more than 50 districts under this programme.
The Centre is likely to add more districts under various States in the programme.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested