Govt to urge HC to view CCTV footages of Kasab in terror acts
Mumbai: The Maharashtra government would urge
the Bombay High Court to view CCTV footages of Ajmal Kasab and
his slain accomplice Abu Ismael committing terror attacks in
and around Chhatrapati Shivaji Railway Terminus on November
26, 2008, which would prima facie prove their involvement in
The CCTV footages would provide ample evidence to show
that Kasab and Ismael had committed terror acts at CST,
government counsel Ujjwal Nikam said.
He said the films have evidential value and would
prima facie prove Kasab’s involvement in the crime.
The films would be screened next week after obtaining
the approval of the High Court, which is hearing confirmation
of death sentence awarded to Kasab, Nikam said.
Earlier, a CCTV footage showing Kasab and Ismael
moving around in CST with AK 56 rifles in their hands and
firing at policemen was screened in the High Court but due to
technical glitch it was stopped midway.
The court then decided to view the films later.
Earlier, justifying death penalty imposed on Kasab,
Nikam had tabled before the High Court few photographs of
Kasab and Ismael in terror acts in CST and outside near Times
of India building.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore