Govt treating our suggestions casually: Judiciary
New Delhi: The judiciary has expressed concern over the "casual manner" in which successive Governments had dealt with various recommendations made by it for streamlining justice delivery system in the country.
At a two-day conference of Chief Justices of High Courts, inaugurated by Chief Justice of India K G Balakrishnan on Friday, judicial officers regretted that the annual event has become a "mere ritual as no concrete follow-up efforts for complying with the recommendations are being made by the Government".
"The decisions taken by the Heads of Judiciary should not be dealt with in a casual manner and needs to be considered at the highest level. It has also been experienced that even if decisions taken in the conference are accepted by the Government it takes unreasonably long time to implement them and requires constant pursuing by the High Courts," a note circulated at the closed-door conference said.
While lamenting the "meagre" financial allocation to the judiciary towards infrastructural development, the judicial officers claimed that many of the proposals had been rejected citing that they were financially not viable.
"It has, however, been found that the decisions taken in the conference, when sent to the Government, wherever required for implementing them do not receive consideration at desired level. Quite often, the decisions are rejected on the grounds such as financially not feasible or not agreed," the agenda note observed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog