Govt treating our suggestions casually: Judiciary
New Delhi: The judiciary has expressed concern over the "casual manner" in which successive Governments had dealt with various recommendations made by it for streamlining justice delivery system in the country.
At a two-day conference of Chief Justices of High Courts, inaugurated by Chief Justice of India K G Balakrishnan on Friday, judicial officers regretted that the annual event has become a "mere ritual as no concrete follow-up efforts for complying with the recommendations are being made by the Government".
"The decisions taken by the Heads of Judiciary should not be dealt with in a casual manner and needs to be considered at the highest level. It has also been experienced that even if decisions taken in the conference are accepted by the Government it takes unreasonably long time to implement them and requires constant pursuing by the High Courts," a note circulated at the closed-door conference said.
While lamenting the "meagre" financial allocation to the judiciary towards infrastructural development, the judicial officers claimed that many of the proposals had been rejected citing that they were financially not viable.
"It has, however, been found that the decisions taken in the conference, when sent to the Government, wherever required for implementing them do not receive consideration at desired level. Quite often, the decisions are rejected on the grounds such as financially not feasible or not agreed," the agenda note observed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Really? Katrina Kaif rebuffs breaking up with Ranbir Kapoor?