Govt triples scholarship amount of Minority communities
Bhopal: With the aim of promoting education among Minority communities, the Centre has tripled the scholarship amount for them in Madhya Pradesh and a total of Rs 20 crore would be distributed among the Minority students of pre-matric, post-matric and merit-cum means.
Giving this information, the Madhya Pradesh Commissioner for Backward classes and Minorities welfare, Jabbar Dhakwala said that the students of minority communities will be benefitted with the increased tripled amount to be given for them by the centre.
Dhakwala said that about 67,375 students of pre-matric, post-matric and merit-cum means would be benefitted under the scholarship programme for the Minorities
run by the Centre.
He accepted that there were various problems for students in filling the scholarship forms and some times the schools and colleges did not fill the columns meant for them,
and added that from the next academic session, students will not face such problems again as it has been decided to hand over this responsibility to private parties.
Dhakwala said that as Madhya Pradesh is a Hindi speaking state, students from Minority communities cannot take advantage of the scholarship as the form for it is in English
and runs into five or six pages.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured