Govt trying to dilute reservation policy: Sharad Yadav
New Delhi: JD(U) President Sharad Yadav on Monday hit out at the Centre accusing it of trying to "dilute" reservation policy for OBC/ ST/SC and stop reservations in all faculty posts of medical and engineering colleges among others.
Raising the issue of reservation in faculty post in All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), Yadav alleged that the attitude of Government and AIIMS is against reservation and all efforts were being made to lose this case pending before a Constitutional bench of the Supreme Court.
"It is matter of great distress and utmost concern that there is a move by the Government again to dilute reservation policy for OBC/ ST/SC," he said in a statement.
He alleged that the government is trying hard to stop reservation in all medical posts of AIIMS.
"The ultimate aim of the present Government is to stop reservations in all the faulty posts of medical, engineering, IITs, central and state universities and many more areas. Recently the reservation in promotion was also struck down by the Supreme Court and till now government is in no mood to pass an ordinance in favour of this," Yadav said.
He said that he has written letters to Health Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad over the issue but the government was keeping silence.
"I urge all the MPs, MLAs, politicians of all political parties and appeal all the OBC/SC/ST brothers and sisters to stand united and come on streets against this anti-reservation move by Government...," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Make your smoothie a successful summer diet with these magical ingredients!
- Delhi govt introduces 'Change-makers in education' fellowship
- Brexit will greatly weaken EU, says European Commission Vice-President Maros Sefcovic
- SHOCKING! This model ran sex racket under guise of production house in Mumbai's Versova, arrested
- 'BJP will retain power at Centre in 2019 Lok Sabha elections'