Govt trying to misuse CBI : BJP
New Delhi: BJP on Wednesday attacked the government for "misusing" CBI to help its supporters, saying the probe agency had not included the name of sacked Commonwealth Games Organising Committee chief Suresh Kalmadi in the charge sheet in the Queens Baton Relay (QBR) scam.
"We were surprised and shocked...There is no mention of Kalmadi`s name in the charge sheet," BJP leader M Venkaiah Naidu told reporters here after BJP Parliamentary meeting chaired by L K Advani.
He charged the government with trying to bail out its leaders and supporters by misusing the investigating agency.
"This is another instance of how the government is trying to misuse the investigating agencies and then dilute the cases against its supporters and party people," Naidu said.
Naidu said there were not one or two scams that Congress- led UPA government was involved in and accused it of protecting their perpetrators.
"It is not one scam or scandal. Continuously from day one, scams and scandals worth lakhs of crores of rupees have come out and the government always tried to stand by the perpetrators of the scam. They never took any action," he alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city