Govt trying to misuse CBI : BJP
New Delhi: BJP on Wednesday attacked the government for "misusing" CBI to help its supporters, saying the probe agency had not included the name of sacked Commonwealth Games Organising Committee chief Suresh Kalmadi in the charge sheet in the Queens Baton Relay (QBR) scam.
"We were surprised and shocked...There is no mention of Kalmadi`s name in the charge sheet," BJP leader M Venkaiah Naidu told reporters here after BJP Parliamentary meeting chaired by L K Advani.
He charged the government with trying to bail out its leaders and supporters by misusing the investigating agency.
"This is another instance of how the government is trying to misuse the investigating agencies and then dilute the cases against its supporters and party people," Naidu said.
Naidu said there were not one or two scams that Congress- led UPA government was involved in and accused it of protecting their perpetrators.
"It is not one scam or scandal. Continuously from day one, scams and scandals worth lakhs of crores of rupees have come out and the government always tried to stand by the perpetrators of the scam. They never took any action," he alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi