Govt trying to misuse CBI : BJP
New Delhi: BJP on Wednesday attacked the government for "misusing" CBI to help its supporters, saying the probe agency had not included the name of sacked Commonwealth Games Organising Committee chief Suresh Kalmadi in the charge sheet in the Queens Baton Relay (QBR) scam.
"We were surprised and shocked...There is no mention of Kalmadi`s name in the charge sheet," BJP leader M Venkaiah Naidu told reporters here after BJP Parliamentary meeting chaired by L K Advani.
He charged the government with trying to bail out its leaders and supporters by misusing the investigating agency.
"This is another instance of how the government is trying to misuse the investigating agencies and then dilute the cases against its supporters and party people," Naidu said.
Naidu said there were not one or two scams that Congress- led UPA government was involved in and accused it of protecting their perpetrators.
"It is not one scam or scandal. Continuously from day one, scams and scandals worth lakhs of crores of rupees have come out and the government always tried to stand by the perpetrators of the scam. They never took any action," he alleged.
- Disgracing Sikh's turban: Five blasphemy accused get bail in Pakistan
- Tobacco industry should follow stringent package warning rules: SC
- Extremist group Abu Sayyaf releases new video, threatens to behead three more hostages
- Canadian asked to leave Nepal over controversial social media posts
- Kangana Ranaut breaks her silence on ‘black magic’ allegations