Govt trying to protect people behind coalgate: BJP
New Delhi: Accusing the government of protecting the Congress MPs allegedly involved in coalgate, BJP national vice president Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi on Wednesday said that there must be a thorough probe into the irregularities in the allocation of coal blocks.
Speaking exclusively to Zee News, Naqvi said that the Congress MPs like Naveen Jindal, Vijay Darda, Manoj Jayaswal, whose names have appeared in coal scam, must be thrown out of the party if the government intends to bring in transparency.
“These names (Jindal, Darda, etc) have been brought up by the constitutional bodies. The government must execute a thorough investigation and expel such tainted people out of the party”, Naqvi said.
Branding the coalgate as a double scam, Naqvi said, “The government has itself confessed that it had to import coal because of deficiency in coal amounts that in was turn triggered by absence of mining”.
Naqvi further said that the government was facing a tough time protecting its MPs involved in the scam as “skeletons of coal” were tumbling out of its cupboard.
Reacting to Justice Santosh Hegde’s suggestion of an SIT probe into the coalgate, Naqvi said that there must be a CBI investigation into the matter but within the supervision of court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video