Govt unhappy with ministries` last minute proposals
New Delhi: Expressing displeasure over
ministries coming to Union Cabinet at the last minute with
their proposals for inclusion, the government has asked
officials to ensure that the time limits for sending notes are
strictly adhered to.
"Prime Minister Manmohan Singh has expressed his
displeasure at this approach," Cabinet Secretary KM
Chandrasekhar said in a letter to all secretaries in the
The Prime Minister has recently observed that
Ministries and Departments were continuing to send last minute
requests for inclusion of their notes in the agenda of Cabinet
meetings, he said, adding that some of the proposals could
have been planned for, well in advance, rather than rushing it
at the last moment.
He also directed the officials to ensure that the time
limits for sending notes to the Cabinet Secretariat for
placing before the Cabinet were strictly adhered to and
monitor cases where "slippages are anticipated".
The Cabinet Secretary also cited an earlier direction
of the Prime Minister that ministries should plan their
activities in such a manner as to obviate the necessity for
last minute requests for inclusion of their notes in the
agenda of Cabinet meetings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000km strategic road
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000 km strategic road - Part II
- DNA : Today in History, 22nd August 2016
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh