Govt unperturbed by protests on Lokpal Bill: Cong
New Delhi: The UPA government is
"unperturbed" by protests as its Lokpal Bill is "one of the
best" and it was following all Parliamentary procedures, Union
minister E Ahamed said on Sunday.
Asserting that Parliament`s "importance cannot be
reduced", the Minister of State for Human Resource Development
(HRD), while replying to queries on Anna Hazare`s token fast
at Jantar Mantar today, said the UPA government "is committed"
to checking corruption.
"That`s why we brought this bill, the Lokpal Bill is one
of the best bills."
"If you want to make a small issue a bigger issue, you
can have it. But so far the UPA government is concerned, we
are not perturbed.... Parliament is supreme.... We are always
following Parliamentary procedures. Parliament`s importance
cannot be reduced," Ahamed told reporters here.
He, however, added, "There may be some opinion about the
provisions of the Bill. Anybody may very well ventilate their
sentiment. Anybody can move an amendment because it is a
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?