Govt unperturbed by protests on Lokpal Bill: Cong
New Delhi: The UPA government is
"unperturbed" by protests as its Lokpal Bill is "one of the
best" and it was following all Parliamentary procedures, Union
minister E Ahamed said on Sunday.
Asserting that Parliament`s "importance cannot be
reduced", the Minister of State for Human Resource Development
(HRD), while replying to queries on Anna Hazare`s token fast
at Jantar Mantar today, said the UPA government "is committed"
to checking corruption.
"That`s why we brought this bill, the Lokpal Bill is one
of the best bills."
"If you want to make a small issue a bigger issue, you
can have it. But so far the UPA government is concerned, we
are not perturbed.... Parliament is supreme.... We are always
following Parliamentary procedures. Parliament`s importance
cannot be reduced," Ahamed told reporters here.
He, however, added, "There may be some opinion about the
provisions of the Bill. Anybody may very well ventilate their
sentiment. Anybody can move an amendment because it is a
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued