Govt unperturbed by protests on Lokpal Bill: Cong
New Delhi: The UPA government is
"unperturbed" by protests as its Lokpal Bill is "one of the
best" and it was following all Parliamentary procedures, Union
minister E Ahamed said on Sunday.
Asserting that Parliament`s "importance cannot be
reduced", the Minister of State for Human Resource Development
(HRD), while replying to queries on Anna Hazare`s token fast
at Jantar Mantar today, said the UPA government "is committed"
to checking corruption.
"That`s why we brought this bill, the Lokpal Bill is one
of the best bills."
"If you want to make a small issue a bigger issue, you
can have it. But so far the UPA government is concerned, we
are not perturbed.... Parliament is supreme.... We are always
following Parliamentary procedures. Parliament`s importance
cannot be reduced," Ahamed told reporters here.
He, however, added, "There may be some opinion about the
provisions of the Bill. Anybody may very well ventilate their
sentiment. Anybody can move an amendment because it is a
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security