Govt unveils ad campaign, says not `India Shining` but reality
New Delhi: With an eye on general elections, government on Monday unveiled a series of audio-visual clips as a part of its multi media campaign to highlight its achievements and showcase impact of UPA`s policies in the last nine years.
Information and Broadcasting minister Manish Tewari, in whose presence the presentation was made, said the multimedia initiative was different from the `India Shining` campaign of the NDA in 2004.
"This is not India Shining but the actual story of India that we are trying to present to you through these 12-13 spots," Tewari told reporters here.
Officials said that the audio video clips that have been directed by Bollywood filmmaker Pradip Sarkar of `Parineeta` fame would start playing in cinema halls and TV channels in the coming days.
Speaking about the audio video campaign, Tewari said that it was only a small glimpse of the silent revolution that had taken place during the UPA regime where the people were being empowered through a rights based institutional structure encompasing schemes like Right to Information, MHREGA, JNNURM, PMGSY and new schemes like the Right to Food and Direct Benefits Transfer schemes.
Responding to a question on corruption, Tewari said that whenever there were any allegations against anyone, UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh had asked the particular person to step down.
He hit out at the BJP saying that a similar promptness was not shown in Karnataka.
He also added that the government was sensitive to the issue of inflation.
Tewari said there were five benchmarks on which
governments could be rated including political stability and social cohesion.
The UPA government, the minister said, had ensured that nothing like the 2002 "pogrom" is repeated anywhere.
Talking about what he referred to as the third benchmark of internal security, Tewari said that the situation in the country`s North East, North West and the states affected by Left Wing Extremism was much better than it was in 2004.
He also lauded the government saying that when it came to economic development, the country had grown under the UPA regime even when the rest of the world was reeling under the effects of the global meltdown.
Tewari also said that a huge effort had been put into ending the nuclear apartheid and other fronts in international relations.
The statement released here by the Information Ministry said here that the initiative will also encapsulate real life stories based on the human development agenda of the Government which has touched people and transformed their lives.
It added that the initiative will be disseminated in 11 regional languages across the country in order to reach out to the poor and the most marginalised people in all corners of the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon