Govt using institutions to win over allies on FDI in retail: BJP
New Delhi: Realising that government has mustered the numbers for the debate and voting on FDI in retail, BJP on Tuesday alleged the Manmohan Singh dispensation uses institutions to win the support of other parties and said division of votes will "expose" such organisations.
"We are ready for a discussion on FDI in retail only under Rule 184 (which entails voting). The country wants to know which party really supports or opposes FDI in retail. There were some parties which were earlier opposed to it but are now supporting FDI," BJP spokesperson Shahnawaz Hussain said.
Government has reached out to its ally DMK and parties like SP and BSP to win their support on FDI in retail decision.
While DMK chief M Karunanidhi said his party will support the government in Parliament on FDI to keep communal forces at bay, SP and BSP have said it should be left to the Chair in both Houses to decide under what clause the debate should be held.
"Government has instruments which it uses to change negative into positive... We want to expose such parties which have changed their stand," Hussain said. BJP has often accused the government of using CBI to win the support of SP and BSP. SP Chief Mulayam Singh Yadav and BSP supremo Mayawati are facing charges of graft which are being probed by CBI.
Hussain took jibes at the government, saying it had these "instruments" all along and could have used them to manage its numbers and save four days which have gone waste in the winter session of Parliament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena was Indrani’s daughter from her previous marriage, not sister
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- DNA: Sheena Bora's murder case- Know how the mystery unfolded!
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal