Govt wants fast-track courts for terror cases: Moily
Mumbai: Union Law Minister Veerappa Moily on Saturday said the government would like fast-track courts to deal with cases in connection with terror.
"We would like to have terror cases dealt with by fast-track courts," Moily told reporters.
"Terrorism has no territory...no religion. I think the time has come to deal with the terrorists very firmly. With that kind of willpower and determination, we are going after the terrorists," he said.
On the allegation by Muslim organisations that innocent Muslims have been arrested in connection with the 2006 Malegaon blasts, Moily said, "We would also see that whoever is innocent...they are not punished or tortured."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India receives $5.34 billion FDI in April-May
- Tom Hiddleston ''supporting'' Taylor Swift in her feud with Kimye Kardashian
- SBI associates' staff will not be affected by merger: Arun Jaitley
- New study to explore sexual differences in social stress
- Barcelona starlet Alen Halilovic leaves club to join Bundesliga side Hamburg