Govt will act against every terrorist module, assures NSA
Pune: National Security Adviser (NSA) Shivshankar Menon on Friday said the government will act against every terrorist module operating in the country.
While refusing to make any specific comment on the twin bomb blasts in Hyderabad, Menon told reporters here that investigations have just started.
"Don`t jump to conclusion. Once we know, we will tell you," he said.
Replying to questions, he said, "there are different terrorist modules. They try and strike. We know some of them which we have to stop. This one got through."
"We will act against every one of them," he said.
On a query about the proposed constitution of the National Counter Terrorism Center (NCTC), Menon said consultations in this regard were still in progress.
Earlier, delivering a lecture on `India and her neighbours` at the Symbiosis Institute of International Studies at Lavale near here, the NSA said the country had learned how to tackle terrorism.
"We have learned how to deal with terrorism. Terrorists also learn and get smarter and increase their ability," he said.
It was sad that despite common interests, the relations between India and Pakistan had remained strained with unresolved issues such as cross-border terrorism and inaction on the part of Pakistan to book the perpetrators of the 26\11 attacks, he added.
Terror had struck Hyderabad yesterday when two near simultaneous blasts in Dilsukhnagar area left 16 dead and scores injured.
- IPL 2016: Axar Patel's four-wicket haul guides Kings XI Punjab to 23-run win over table-toppers Gujarat Lions
- Diesel prices in major Indian cities after latest hike!
- A much needed break! PM Modi spends some moments of solitude with a boat ride in Varanasi – Watch
- ISIS makes Indian terrorist its poster boy in new video to lure youth from country
- Russian GP: Nico Rosberg wins seventh race in succession as Lewis Hamilton recovers to second spot