Govt will clarify on PC’s statement on Maxis deal
New Delhi: The government will provide clarifications on the statement Home Minister P Chidambaram had made yesterday on allegations of his family`s involvement in the Aircel-Maxis deal, the Rajya Sabha was informed today.
Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs Rajeev Shukla said in response to notices of Leader of the Opposition Arun Jaitley and Prakash Javadekar (BJP) that concerned ministers can give clarifications after 1200 hrs.
When the House met for the day, Javadekar said he has given a notice for suspension of Question Hour to seek clarifications on the statement by the Home Minister.
It is the privilege of the House to seek clarifications on statements made by ministers, he said. "Unless they clarify, we are not going to let the House function," he said.
To this, Shukla said the minister`s clarification can be made after 1200 hours and the Question Hour can continue.
The Opposition BJP and AIADMK members were satisfied with the assurance and the House took up the listed questions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre