Govt will clarify on PC’s statement on Maxis deal
New Delhi: The government will provide clarifications on the statement Home Minister P Chidambaram had made yesterday on allegations of his family`s involvement in the Aircel-Maxis deal, the Rajya Sabha was informed today.
Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs Rajeev Shukla said in response to notices of Leader of the Opposition Arun Jaitley and Prakash Javadekar (BJP) that concerned ministers can give clarifications after 1200 hrs.
When the House met for the day, Javadekar said he has given a notice for suspension of Question Hour to seek clarifications on the statement by the Home Minister.
It is the privilege of the House to seek clarifications on statements made by ministers, he said. "Unless they clarify, we are not going to let the House function," he said.
To this, Shukla said the minister`s clarification can be made after 1200 hours and the Question Hour can continue.
The Opposition BJP and AIADMK members were satisfied with the assurance and the House took up the listed questions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?