Govt will clarify on PC’s statement on Maxis deal
New Delhi: The government will provide clarifications on the statement Home Minister P Chidambaram had made yesterday on allegations of his family`s involvement in the Aircel-Maxis deal, the Rajya Sabha was informed today.
Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs Rajeev Shukla said in response to notices of Leader of the Opposition Arun Jaitley and Prakash Javadekar (BJP) that concerned ministers can give clarifications after 1200 hrs.
When the House met for the day, Javadekar said he has given a notice for suspension of Question Hour to seek clarifications on the statement by the Home Minister.
It is the privilege of the House to seek clarifications on statements made by ministers, he said. "Unless they clarify, we are not going to let the House function," he said.
To this, Shukla said the minister`s clarification can be made after 1200 hours and the Question Hour can continue.
The Opposition BJP and AIADMK members were satisfied with the assurance and the House took up the listed questions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption