Govt will emerge victorious during debate on FDI: Narayanasamy
Chennai: Minister of State in Prime Minister`s Office (PMO), V Narayanasamy, on Saturday expressed confidence that the Congress-led UPA Government would emerge victorious during the debate on Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) in multi-brand retail in the Lok Sabha under rule 184.
Charging the opposition parties of spreading misinformation on FDI in retail, Narayanasamy said the government would give a befitting reply to all the queries raised by the former.
"As far as FDI in retail is concerned, the discussion has been slated in the Lok Sabha on Tuesday and Wednesday. As far as the government is concerned, the government will answer all the queries raised by the opposition parties because unfortunately the opposition parties are spreading misinformation, misinformation campaign about the FDI in retail sector to the people of this country," said Narayanasamy.
"In the debate, all the information relating to how it is going to be advantageous to the farmers and also the small traders and consumers, how it will create employment opportunities for the people of this country, how the foreign investment will come in this country, all these things will be discussed," he added.
Narayanasamy further said Union Commerce and Industry Minister Anand Sharma and other speakers from the side of the ruling Congress Party and also its alliance partners would explain in detail about the benefits of FDI in retail.
The four-day logjam in Lok Sabha over FDI in retail came to an end on Thursday with Speaker Meira Kumar allowing a discussion on the subject under a rule that entails voting.
The issue for vote in the Lok Sabha was resolved at a meeting between Parliamentary Affairs Minister Kamal Nath, Union Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde and Leader of the Opposition Sushma Swaraj with Speaker Meira Kumar.
The Winter Session of Parliament has been disrupted since it began on November 22 over the demands of the opposition for a debate and vote on the FDI policy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP