Govt will emerge victorious during debate on FDI: Narayanasamy
Chennai: Minister of State in Prime Minister`s Office (PMO), V Narayanasamy, on Saturday expressed confidence that the Congress-led UPA Government would emerge victorious during the debate on Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) in multi-brand retail in the Lok Sabha under rule 184.
Charging the opposition parties of spreading misinformation on FDI in retail, Narayanasamy said the government would give a befitting reply to all the queries raised by the former.
"As far as FDI in retail is concerned, the discussion has been slated in the Lok Sabha on Tuesday and Wednesday. As far as the government is concerned, the government will answer all the queries raised by the opposition parties because unfortunately the opposition parties are spreading misinformation, misinformation campaign about the FDI in retail sector to the people of this country," said Narayanasamy.
"In the debate, all the information relating to how it is going to be advantageous to the farmers and also the small traders and consumers, how it will create employment opportunities for the people of this country, how the foreign investment will come in this country, all these things will be discussed," he added.
Narayanasamy further said Union Commerce and Industry Minister Anand Sharma and other speakers from the side of the ruling Congress Party and also its alliance partners would explain in detail about the benefits of FDI in retail.
The four-day logjam in Lok Sabha over FDI in retail came to an end on Thursday with Speaker Meira Kumar allowing a discussion on the subject under a rule that entails voting.
The issue for vote in the Lok Sabha was resolved at a meeting between Parliamentary Affairs Minister Kamal Nath, Union Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde and Leader of the Opposition Sushma Swaraj with Speaker Meira Kumar.
The Winter Session of Parliament has been disrupted since it began on November 22 over the demands of the opposition for a debate and vote on the FDI policy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read