Govt will soon take a decision on NCTC
New Delhi: The government will soon take a decision on setting up of the controversial National Counter- Terrorism Centre (NCTC), Lok Sabha was informed on Tuesday.
Minister of State for Home Jitendra Singh said after issuance of notification on February 3 creating the NCTC, some states had raised certain objections.
"The Government of India is committed to account for the concerns/objections/ suggestions of various states / Union Territories. A suitable decision in this regard will be taken shortly," he said.
The Home Ministry had held a meeting of all Chief Ministers on May 5 after some Chief Ministers requested for wider consultations.
Those who opposed the NCTC include Chief Ministers Naveen Patnaik (Odisha), J Jayalalitha (Tamil Nadu) and Narendra Modi (Gujarat). They had claimed that such a body armed with powers will hurt the federal structure of the country.
Sources said the Home Ministry has prepared a new plan and according to it the NCTC will be kept out of the ambit of the Intelligence Bureau and will be an independent entity directly reporting to the Ministry.
New Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde is reviewing the proposal, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!