Govt will work for progress of all: BJP
New Delhi: Promising a "positive and constructive" regime for next 60 months, BJP-led NDA on Tuesday said it will move ahead by taking everybody along for the development and progress of the country.
The ruling BJP also promised to revitalise national fora like National Development Council and National Integration Council to make them more "meaningful" where states could effectively voice their concerns.
"We talk about Sabka Saath, Sabka Vikas (all together, development for all)," BJP leader Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi said while moving the Motion of Thanks on the President`s Address.
Dismissing the notion in some quarters that BJP`s victory was a "negative vote", he said NDA has won a clear majority in the just-concluded Lok Sabha election and it was a positive mandate for a government headed by Narendra Modi.
Naqvi said the last election was different from the past elections as people from Kashmir to Kanyakumari voted for his party. In the north-eastern states of the country too, the party got people`s support.
"People had option to use NOTA, but they did not use it" and voted for BJP, he said.
Taking a jibe at those who seek votes in the name of secularism, Naqvi said BJP won in 73 of the 90 districts indentified as minority dominated by the last UPA government.
"We have just started...We will show the results," Naqvi said, adding the government wants to strengthen the federal structure of the country.
He regretted that such an atmosphere prevailed in the country where "every Muslim" with beard and skull cap has "stamp of terrorism" on them and asserted that the Modi government "will set everything right".
The BJP leader said the government was committed to stamp out terrorism from the country.
He said government will work for the poor and downtrodden and ensure that benefits of development reach the last person in the queue.
Seconding the Motion, J P Nadda (BJP) said India voted "for effective leader and governance in favour of Narendra Modi".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice