Govt will work for progress of all: BJP
New Delhi: Promising a "positive and constructive" regime for next 60 months, BJP-led NDA on Tuesday said it will move ahead by taking everybody along for the development and progress of the country.
The ruling BJP also promised to revitalise national fora like National Development Council and National Integration Council to make them more "meaningful" where states could effectively voice their concerns.
"We talk about Sabka Saath, Sabka Vikas (all together, development for all)," BJP leader Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi said while moving the Motion of Thanks on the President`s Address.
Dismissing the notion in some quarters that BJP`s victory was a "negative vote", he said NDA has won a clear majority in the just-concluded Lok Sabha election and it was a positive mandate for a government headed by Narendra Modi.
Naqvi said the last election was different from the past elections as people from Kashmir to Kanyakumari voted for his party. In the north-eastern states of the country too, the party got people`s support.
"People had option to use NOTA, but they did not use it" and voted for BJP, he said.
Taking a jibe at those who seek votes in the name of secularism, Naqvi said BJP won in 73 of the 90 districts indentified as minority dominated by the last UPA government.
"We have just started...We will show the results," Naqvi said, adding the government wants to strengthen the federal structure of the country.
He regretted that such an atmosphere prevailed in the country where "every Muslim" with beard and skull cap has "stamp of terrorism" on them and asserted that the Modi government "will set everything right".
The BJP leader said the government was committed to stamp out terrorism from the country.
He said government will work for the poor and downtrodden and ensure that benefits of development reach the last person in the queue.
Seconding the Motion, J P Nadda (BJP) said India voted "for effective leader and governance in favour of Narendra Modi".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India