Govt working hard to implement Sachar proposals: Pranab
Kolkata: Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee
on Sunday said that the Centre was working hard to implement the
recommendations of Justice Rajinder Sachar Committee for
upliftment of minorities.
"The Central government, keeping in mind the Sachar
Committee recommendations, is working towards the progress of
minorities in all fields," Mukherjee said at a function to
distribute clothes to the poor at Furfura Sharif in Hooghly
Mukherjee also lauded Railway Minister Mamata Banerjee
saying "she has taken over just a few months ago, but has
already done a lot for the common man and has given emphasis
on upliftment of minorities."
Union Minister of state for Tourism Sultan Ahmed said
efforts were on to improve road condition and other facilities
at Furfura Sharif and to include it in the tourist map of West
Leader of the Opposition in the state assembly Partha
Chatterjee of Trinamool Congress said his party would do
everything to ensure proper implementation of the Sachar
Local Trinammol leader Idris Ali, one of the organisers
of the function, demanded setting up of a hospital in the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- At 500 kilograms, is this 36-year-old the world's heaviest woman?
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption
- Indian ISIS operative says he met Paris bombing accused in Iraq last year