Govt working on national marketing policy: Paswan
Jaipur: Union Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution Minister Ram Vilas Paswan on Saturday hinted at introducing a national marketing policy to contain price rise.
Talking to reporters here during his two-day visit to the state, Paswan said, "To contain price rise there is need for a national marketing police and the Centre is working on it."
The minister said while some parts of the country have abundance of rive, wheat and food grains, some other parts face crisis leading to high prices.
He said this is happening due to different policies adopted by different states, and advocated for a national marketing policy.
He said his government would not allow black-marketing of foodgrains which leads to shooting up of prices.
Paswan said as many as 11 states -- five fully and six partially -- have so far implemented the Food Security Scheme. He said other states can implement the scheme by July 4.
On the railway fare hike, the Union minister said it should be kept in mind that the common man is not burdened due to the increase and all facilities should be provided. He, however, said there was no fare hike for a long time and services deteriorated due to this.
Asked about the charges of rape against Union minister Nihalchand, Paswan said the matter relates to BJP and many of its leaders have expressed their view on it.
"Unless a court declares someone guilty, he cannot be termed as guilty," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Solar Impulse 2 begins its final flight of world tour, heads to Abu dhabi
- 21 patients die on single day in Hyderabad govt hospital, staff blame power outage
- New Zealand's Queenstown Airport evacuated after 'bomb message' found on plane
- SHOCKING! Star wrestler Narsingh Yadav fails dope test, Rio participation doubtful
- What Diljit Dosanjh said about 'Phillauri' co-star Anushka Sharma will melt your heart! - Read here