Govt working on national marketing policy: Paswan
Jaipur: Union Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution Minister Ram Vilas Paswan on Saturday hinted at introducing a national marketing policy to contain price rise.
Talking to reporters here during his two-day visit to the state, Paswan said, "To contain price rise there is need for a national marketing police and the Centre is working on it."
The minister said while some parts of the country have abundance of rive, wheat and food grains, some other parts face crisis leading to high prices.
He said this is happening due to different policies adopted by different states, and advocated for a national marketing policy.
He said his government would not allow black-marketing of foodgrains which leads to shooting up of prices.
Paswan said as many as 11 states -- five fully and six partially -- have so far implemented the Food Security Scheme. He said other states can implement the scheme by July 4.
On the railway fare hike, the Union minister said it should be kept in mind that the common man is not burdened due to the increase and all facilities should be provided. He, however, said there was no fare hike for a long time and services deteriorated due to this.
Asked about the charges of rape against Union minister Nihalchand, Paswan said the matter relates to BJP and many of its leaders have expressed their view on it.
"Unless a court declares someone guilty, he cannot be termed as guilty," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand