Govt working on national marketing policy: Paswan
Jaipur: Union Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution Minister Ram Vilas Paswan on Saturday hinted at introducing a national marketing policy to contain price rise.
Talking to reporters here during his two-day visit to the state, Paswan said, "To contain price rise there is need for a national marketing police and the Centre is working on it."
The minister said while some parts of the country have abundance of rive, wheat and food grains, some other parts face crisis leading to high prices.
He said this is happening due to different policies adopted by different states, and advocated for a national marketing policy.
He said his government would not allow black-marketing of foodgrains which leads to shooting up of prices.
Paswan said as many as 11 states -- five fully and six partially -- have so far implemented the Food Security Scheme. He said other states can implement the scheme by July 4.
On the railway fare hike, the Union minister said it should be kept in mind that the common man is not burdened due to the increase and all facilities should be provided. He, however, said there was no fare hike for a long time and services deteriorated due to this.
Asked about the charges of rape against Union minister Nihalchand, Paswan said the matter relates to BJP and many of its leaders have expressed their view on it.
"Unless a court declares someone guilty, he cannot be termed as guilty," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- RBSE rajresults.nic.in & rajeduboard.nic.in 12th Results 2015: BSER Ajmer Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII Senior Secondary Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared shortly
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- rajresults.nic.in RBSE Rajasthan Board BSER Class 12th Science and Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared shortly