Govt working on Uttarakhand reconstruction: Soni
Dehradun: Congress leader Ambika Soni said in Dehradun on Sunday that the central government is working on a long-term plan for reconstruction of the severely damaged areas of flood-hit Uttarakhand.
Soni, who is in charge of the party`s affairs in Uttarakhand, flew in here to oversee relief and rescue efforts.
"In the hour of crisis, the entire nation stands in solidarity with the people of the Uttarakhand," said Soni, a Congress general secretary who is also in charge of the Congress president`s office.
She said efforts would be made to reconstruct the severely damaged areas near the revered shrine of Kedarnath, that were devastated in the floods and cloudburst last week.
Soni arrived along with party treasurer Motilal Vora and Haryana Chief Minister B S Hooda.
Hundreds have been killed and thousands stranded after flash floods, heavy rains and landslides hit Uttarakhand last weekend.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi