Govt working on Uttarakhand reconstruction: Soni
Dehradun: Congress leader Ambika Soni said in Dehradun on Sunday that the central government is working on a long-term plan for reconstruction of the severely damaged areas of flood-hit Uttarakhand.
Soni, who is in charge of the party`s affairs in Uttarakhand, flew in here to oversee relief and rescue efforts.
"In the hour of crisis, the entire nation stands in solidarity with the people of the Uttarakhand," said Soni, a Congress general secretary who is also in charge of the Congress president`s office.
She said efforts would be made to reconstruct the severely damaged areas near the revered shrine of Kedarnath, that were devastated in the floods and cloudburst last week.
Soni arrived along with party treasurer Motilal Vora and Haryana Chief Minister B S Hooda.
Hundreds have been killed and thousands stranded after flash floods, heavy rains and landslides hit Uttarakhand last weekend.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Why so much hullabaloo over Aamir's statement, asks Nagma