Gowda sworn-in, Shettar boycotts event
Bangalore: The newly elected BJP Legislature party leader D V Sadananda Gowda was on Thursday sworn-in as Chief Minister of Karnataka.
The swearing-in ceremony took place at around 4:30 this evening at Raj Bhavan.
Governor H R Bhardwaj administered oath of office and secrecy to Gowda.
The oath taking ceremony was attended by out going chief minister BS Yeddyurappa’s arch rival HN Ananth Kumar, BJP’s state unit president KS Eswarappa and other VIPs.
However, Gowda’s rival Jadish Shettar and over 50 BJP MLAs skipped the event sending worrying signals for the party high command.
Gowda had decided to advance his swearing-in ceremony by a day in view of President Pratibha Patil`s three-day visit to the city starting from August five.
With PTI Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intermediate Examination (Arts) Result 2016 will be declared today on 29th May 2016 at 2:00 pm
- Class 10th (Matric) Exam Result 2016 will be declared today on 29th May 2016 at 12: 00 pm
- Putin vows Russian retaliation over US missile shield in Europe
- More than 2,000 boat migrants rescued off Italy, 45 dead
- Trump rules out US presidential debate with Sanders