GPS-based system to track `Bharat Nirman` hoarding
New Delhi: To keep a track of hoardings put up to highlight the UPA government`s achievements, the I&B Ministry has decided to use a GPS-based system in the next phase of `Bharat Nirman` campaign which is expected to take off in the first half of August.
The Department of Audio Visual Publicity is shortlisting firms that can provide state-of-the-art technology to set up the GPS-based system for outdoor publicity, officials said.
This is the first time that a comprehensive mechanism is being set up to monitor and assess all the high profile campaigns for the first time, they said.
The move comes as it was difficult to ascertain whether hoardings put up had been positioned at the assigned places.
With the installation of GPS enabled antennae on top of the hoardings, I&B officials would be able to know the exact location of these ad hoardings.
The officials said I&B Minister Manish Tewari in the earlier phase of Bharat Nirman had formed teams and assigned roles to different departments to monitor the roll out of the campaign.
While the Press Information Bureau was utilising its offices in various regions to monitor the campaign at field level, the Research Reference and Training Division was monitoring the campaign online.
The audio visual roll out of the campaign was constantly under the watch of the Electronic Media Monitoring Centre, while Broadcasting Engineering Consultants India Ltd was assigned to follow the campaign on FM Radio.
"The idea is to ensure that each rupee meant for Bharat Nirman is well spent," Tewari said when contacted.
He said a date is yet to be finalised for the next phase of Bharat Nirman campaign but added that it is expected to begin in the "first fortnight of August."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof