`Graft cases against 157 IAS officers in past 10 years`
New Delhi: As many as 157 IAS officers have alleged corruption cases registered against them in the past ten years while sanction of prosecution has been issued only against 15 of them, according to an RTI reply.
In reply to a query under the Right to Information Act, Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions said a total of 157 officers have been booked under the Prevention of Corruption Act, 1988
The charges against these officers range from corruption, taking bribe, causing financial loss to the government, possessing disproportionate assets, irregularities to involvement in various scams.
Sanction for prosecution is still awaited against 142 officers for their alleged involvement in graft cases, the RTI reply said, adding, cases against 71 of these bureaucrats are being probed by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI).
Among theses officers, two were allegedly involved in the cases related to irregularities in Himachal Pradesh Cricket Association, two others were booked in Adarsh Housing Society scam, 12 have been charged of having disproportionate assets.
A few others have also been booked in high-profile cases.
Hisar-based RTI activist Ramesh Verma had sought details of bureaucrats against whom there were serious charges.
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- India vs Zimbabwe: BCCI confirms tour; three ODIs, equal number of T20Is to be played in 12 days
- ICC rankings: India lose top T20 spot; slip to 4th position in ODIs
- Kanhaiya Kumar questions JNU VC for calling hunger strike 'unlawful', compares self with Bhagat Singh, Gandhi
- Apple loses China trademark case for ''iPhone'' on leather goods
- VIDEO: Martin Guptill takes time off IPL; plays cricket with kids at Dharavi