Graft in high offices should be fought vigorously: Dasgupta
Kolkata: CPI MP Gurudas Dasgupta on Saturday said he was unaware of the constitutional aspect of Karnakata Governor H R Bhardwaj granting sanction to prosecute Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa but underlined the need to fight corruption in high offices vigourously.
"I am not aware of the constitutional niceties, but corruption should be fought more vigorously if people in high positions are involved," Dasgupta, the General Secretary of All India Trade Union Congress said.
"It is not only a legal question, but a moral question also. In the present scenario when corruption is a very serious problem in India I will welcome every step, whoever may take it, to bring to book whosoever found to be involved in corruption, howsoever high one may be," he said.
On price rise he said an umbrella coalition of trade unions, including INTUC, will hold a march to Parliament on February 23 and submit a memorandum to the Lok Sabha Speaker.
"We will not meet the Prime Minister and place a memorandum. The Prime Minister never looks into the issues of the people," he alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials
- India vs Australia: Ravindra Jadeja clobbers Steve O'Keefe, Nathan Lyon for sixes — VIDEO