Graft now cancerous: BJP on Army Chief’s claims
New Delhi: The Bhartiya Janata Party (BJP) on Monday slammed the government over Army Chief Gen VK Singh’s explosive revelation that he was offered a bribe by an equipment lobbyist.
The lobbyist, who recently retired from the Army, was ready to offer a bribe of Rs 14 crore to the Army Chief if he approved the acquisition of 600 sub-standard vehicles of a particular make.
Speaking to a new s channel, party spokesperson Prakash Javadekar said, “This government is neck deep in corruption. Now these scamsters have the daring to approach the Army Chief…this is unheard off. This is outrageous.”
“When he (Army Chief) says this (bribe offer), this shows the state of affairs…where we have landed in. Corruption has now become a cancerous infection. Corruption is all pervasive,” he quipped.
To take up the issue in Parliament today, the BJP has given a notice to the Speaker of the Lok Sabha for suspension of question hour, Javadekar said.
“UPA government has lost its moral authority to continue even for a day,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- NIA reveals why ISIS bigger threat to India than Pakistani terrorists - Read details
- How to prevent obesity, eating disorders in teenagers
- Flood situation in Bihar under control: CM Nitish Kumar
- Teenaged Dalit girl gang-raped in UP's Aligarh
- Stem Cell treatment is effective in recovery of spinal injuries