Graft now cancerous: BJP on Army Chief’s claims
New Delhi: The Bhartiya Janata Party (BJP) on Monday slammed the government over Army Chief Gen VK Singh’s explosive revelation that he was offered a bribe by an equipment lobbyist.
The lobbyist, who recently retired from the Army, was ready to offer a bribe of Rs 14 crore to the Army Chief if he approved the acquisition of 600 sub-standard vehicles of a particular make.
Speaking to a new s channel, party spokesperson Prakash Javadekar said, “This government is neck deep in corruption. Now these scamsters have the daring to approach the Army Chief…this is unheard off. This is outrageous.”
“When he (Army Chief) says this (bribe offer), this shows the state of affairs…where we have landed in. Corruption has now become a cancerous infection. Corruption is all pervasive,” he quipped.
To take up the issue in Parliament today, the BJP has given a notice to the Speaker of the Lok Sabha for suspension of question hour, Javadekar said.
“UPA government has lost its moral authority to continue even for a day,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda