Graft now cancerous: BJP on Army Chief’s claims
New Delhi: The Bhartiya Janata Party (BJP) on Monday slammed the government over Army Chief Gen VK Singh’s explosive revelation that he was offered a bribe by an equipment lobbyist.
The lobbyist, who recently retired from the Army, was ready to offer a bribe of Rs 14 crore to the Army Chief if he approved the acquisition of 600 sub-standard vehicles of a particular make.
Speaking to a new s channel, party spokesperson Prakash Javadekar said, “This government is neck deep in corruption. Now these scamsters have the daring to approach the Army Chief…this is unheard off. This is outrageous.”
“When he (Army Chief) says this (bribe offer), this shows the state of affairs…where we have landed in. Corruption has now become a cancerous infection. Corruption is all pervasive,” he quipped.
To take up the issue in Parliament today, the BJP has given a notice to the Speaker of the Lok Sabha for suspension of question hour, Javadekar said.
“UPA government has lost its moral authority to continue even for a day,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'