Graft now cancerous: BJP on Army Chief’s claims
New Delhi: The Bhartiya Janata Party (BJP) on Monday slammed the government over Army Chief Gen VK Singh’s explosive revelation that he was offered a bribe by an equipment lobbyist.
The lobbyist, who recently retired from the Army, was ready to offer a bribe of Rs 14 crore to the Army Chief if he approved the acquisition of 600 sub-standard vehicles of a particular make.
Speaking to a new s channel, party spokesperson Prakash Javadekar said, “This government is neck deep in corruption. Now these scamsters have the daring to approach the Army Chief…this is unheard off. This is outrageous.”
“When he (Army Chief) says this (bribe offer), this shows the state of affairs…where we have landed in. Corruption has now become a cancerous infection. Corruption is all pervasive,” he quipped.
To take up the issue in Parliament today, the BJP has given a notice to the Speaker of the Lok Sabha for suspension of question hour, Javadekar said.
“UPA government has lost its moral authority to continue even for a day,” he added.
- UN chief appeals for re-launch of Syria ceasefire
- US panel wants Pak on list for religious freedom violations
- Two more days to put out forest fire in Uttarakhand, says Prakash Javadekar
- Nagaland HSLC (Class 10) Result 2016 to be declared today on May 3 at 12 noon
- Nagaland HSSLC (Class 12 on May ) Result 2016 to be declared today 3 at 12 noon