Graft now cancerous: BJP on Army Chief’s claims
New Delhi: The Bhartiya Janata Party (BJP) on Monday slammed the government over Army Chief Gen VK Singh’s explosive revelation that he was offered a bribe by an equipment lobbyist.
The lobbyist, who recently retired from the Army, was ready to offer a bribe of Rs 14 crore to the Army Chief if he approved the acquisition of 600 sub-standard vehicles of a particular make.
Speaking to a new s channel, party spokesperson Prakash Javadekar said, “This government is neck deep in corruption. Now these scamsters have the daring to approach the Army Chief…this is unheard off. This is outrageous.”
“When he (Army Chief) says this (bribe offer), this shows the state of affairs…where we have landed in. Corruption has now become a cancerous infection. Corruption is all pervasive,” he quipped.
To take up the issue in Parliament today, the BJP has given a notice to the Speaker of the Lok Sabha for suspension of question hour, Javadekar said.
“UPA government has lost its moral authority to continue even for a day,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’