Green signal for paternity suit against ND Tiwari
New Delhi: In an apparent setback to former Andhra Pradesh governor ND Tiwari, the Supreme Court Monday asked the Delhi High Court to go ahead with the paternity suit against him.
The high court was also told to proceed with the framing of issues, including maintainability of suit filed by Rohit Shekhar in terms of its territorial jurisdiction, limitation and accessibility.
Shekhar claims that Tiwari is his biological father.
The Delhi High Court had March 17 rejected Tiwari’s plea to quash Shekhar’s paternity suit. A division bench had hinted that the veteran politician might have to undergo a DNA test.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?