Green signal for paternity suit against ND Tiwari
New Delhi: In an apparent setback to former Andhra Pradesh governor ND Tiwari, the Supreme Court Monday asked the Delhi High Court to go ahead with the paternity suit against him.
The high court was also told to proceed with the framing of issues, including maintainability of suit filed by Rohit Shekhar in terms of its territorial jurisdiction, limitation and accessibility.
Shekhar claims that Tiwari is his biological father.
The Delhi High Court had March 17 rejected Tiwari’s plea to quash Shekhar’s paternity suit. A division bench had hinted that the veteran politician might have to undergo a DNA test.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Counting underway - Big prestige battle for BJP and Shiv Sena
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Election Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena marches ahead in BMC, but BJP gains lead in Pune