Green signal for paternity suit against ND Tiwari
New Delhi: In an apparent setback to former Andhra Pradesh governor ND Tiwari, the Supreme Court Monday asked the Delhi High Court to go ahead with the paternity suit against him.
The high court was also told to proceed with the framing of issues, including maintainability of suit filed by Rohit Shekhar in terms of its territorial jurisdiction, limitation and accessibility.
Shekhar claims that Tiwari is his biological father.
The Delhi High Court had March 17 rejected Tiwari’s plea to quash Shekhar’s paternity suit. A division bench had hinted that the veteran politician might have to undergo a DNA test.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf