Grid failure disrupts services of 300 trains
New Delhi: Services of about 300 trains, including premier ones like Rajdhani, Shatbadi and Duronto, were severely affected due to collapse of the Northern grid in the early hours on Monday, causing inconvenience to passengers.
Rajdhani trains coming from Bhubaneswar, Howrah, Sealdah, Mumbai and Ranchi were delayed by more than four hours due to the power problem, said a senior Northern Railway official.
The power failure has affected the train movement in seven divisions -- Delhi, Ambala, Agra, Jhansi, Allahabad, Moradabad and Kota.
The power problem has affected the running of about 300 trains and as a result the departure schedule of several trains have gone haywire, said the official.
The departure timings of Bhubaneswar Duronto, Sealdah Duronto and Kanpur Shatabdi among others have been rescheduled due to the late running of these trains.
Besides, several long-distance trains including Lal Qila Express, Lichchavi Express, Purushottam Express, Farakka Express, Samprak Kranti Express, Bhramputra Mail and Prayag Raj Express are running late by four hours to 11 hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj