Grid failure disrupts services of 300 trains
New Delhi: Services of about 300 trains, including premier ones like Rajdhani, Shatbadi and Duronto, were severely affected due to collapse of the Northern grid in the early hours on Monday, causing inconvenience to passengers.
Rajdhani trains coming from Bhubaneswar, Howrah, Sealdah, Mumbai and Ranchi were delayed by more than four hours due to the power problem, said a senior Northern Railway official.
The power failure has affected the train movement in seven divisions -- Delhi, Ambala, Agra, Jhansi, Allahabad, Moradabad and Kota.
The power problem has affected the running of about 300 trains and as a result the departure schedule of several trains have gone haywire, said the official.
The departure timings of Bhubaneswar Duronto, Sealdah Duronto and Kanpur Shatabdi among others have been rescheduled due to the late running of these trains.
Besides, several long-distance trains including Lal Qila Express, Lichchavi Express, Purushottam Express, Farakka Express, Samprak Kranti Express, Bhramputra Mail and Prayag Raj Express are running late by four hours to 11 hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- DNA: How India became world's largest arms importer
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Shiv Sena leading in 85 seats, BJP in 53; counting underway
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Results 2017 LIVE: BJP leader Kirit Somaiya's son wins in Mumbai; Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM grabs 5 seats in Solapur