Grooming skills for CRPF men from Habib
New Delhi: Personnel of the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) can now flaunt a dash of glamour in their turnouts, courtesy celebrity hairstylist Jawed Habib who is set to train barbers from the paramilitary force.
"I will be conducting a 6-day workshop in basic hairstyling and grooming skills for barbers of the CRPF. The aim is to enhance and upgrade outdated techniques and equipment with fresh ones," Habib said.
The inaugural ceremony for this initiative took place at CRPF`s special duty group campus here recently.
As with other forces, the CRPF sports a functional non glamorous look and Habib says he does not intend to introduce anything drastically different.
"Currently the haircut they sport goes by the name of `katora cut`. We are going to create a new style," says the stylist who is now a common name in the country and who has many celebrity clients.
"It is a welcome move of CRPF to think of styling their battalions and I am particularly happy that they chose me to associate with this cause. It is indeed a pleasure in guiding the barbers to give our Forces a fresh, smart look," he says.
The workshop aims at improving the knowledge of CRPF`s 1,000 odd barbers and introduce them to modern hairstyling techniques of basic hair structure knowledge, scissor practice, tools knowledge, personal hygiene and personality, sterilization and public sanitation etc.
Moreover, the barbers who are trained will be receiving a certificate from the Habib Academy.
"We are giving a certificate from our academy which the barbers would be able to utilise even when they retire from the force. It will also help them set up their own centres too," says Habib.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today