Grooming skills for CRPF men from Habib
New Delhi: Personnel of the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) can now flaunt a dash of glamour in their turnouts, courtesy celebrity hairstylist Jawed Habib who is set to train barbers from the paramilitary force.
"I will be conducting a 6-day workshop in basic hairstyling and grooming skills for barbers of the CRPF. The aim is to enhance and upgrade outdated techniques and equipment with fresh ones," Habib said.
The inaugural ceremony for this initiative took place at CRPF`s special duty group campus here recently.
As with other forces, the CRPF sports a functional non glamorous look and Habib says he does not intend to introduce anything drastically different.
"Currently the haircut they sport goes by the name of `katora cut`. We are going to create a new style," says the stylist who is now a common name in the country and who has many celebrity clients.
"It is a welcome move of CRPF to think of styling their battalions and I am particularly happy that they chose me to associate with this cause. It is indeed a pleasure in guiding the barbers to give our Forces a fresh, smart look," he says.
The workshop aims at improving the knowledge of CRPF`s 1,000 odd barbers and introduce them to modern hairstyling techniques of basic hair structure knowledge, scissor practice, tools knowledge, personal hygiene and personality, sterilization and public sanitation etc.
Moreover, the barbers who are trained will be receiving a certificate from the Habib Academy.
"We are giving a certificate from our academy which the barbers would be able to utilise even when they retire from the force. It will also help them set up their own centres too," says Habib.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'