Grooming skills for CRPF men from Habib
New Delhi: Personnel of the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) can now flaunt a dash of glamour in their turnouts, courtesy celebrity hairstylist Jawed Habib who is set to train barbers from the paramilitary force.
"I will be conducting a 6-day workshop in basic hairstyling and grooming skills for barbers of the CRPF. The aim is to enhance and upgrade outdated techniques and equipment with fresh ones," Habib said.
The inaugural ceremony for this initiative took place at CRPF`s special duty group campus here recently.
As with other forces, the CRPF sports a functional non glamorous look and Habib says he does not intend to introduce anything drastically different.
"Currently the haircut they sport goes by the name of `katora cut`. We are going to create a new style," says the stylist who is now a common name in the country and who has many celebrity clients.
"It is a welcome move of CRPF to think of styling their battalions and I am particularly happy that they chose me to associate with this cause. It is indeed a pleasure in guiding the barbers to give our Forces a fresh, smart look," he says.
The workshop aims at improving the knowledge of CRPF`s 1,000 odd barbers and introduce them to modern hairstyling techniques of basic hair structure knowledge, scissor practice, tools knowledge, personal hygiene and personality, sterilization and public sanitation etc.
Moreover, the barbers who are trained will be receiving a certificate from the Habib Academy.
"We are giving a certificate from our academy which the barbers would be able to utilise even when they retire from the force. It will also help them set up their own centres too," says Habib.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list