Gross negligence behind Dibrugarh Rajdhani derailment: Lalu Yadav
Chapra: Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) leader Lalu Prasad Yadav blamed the "gross negligence" of the Railway Ministry and Central government for the derailment of the Delhi-Dibrugarh Rajdhani Express near Chapra junction.
Terming the incident as the first in that region, the former railway minister accused the "Central government of still being busy in celebrating their win."
Yadav said, "This is a rule that a patrol engine is run half-an-hour before Rajdhani Express passes to make sure that the line is clear and safe."
He asked, "I want to know whether the patrol engine was run or not? And if Maoists had announced blockade much earlier then why were no precautions taken?"
Yadav termed the incident quite painful and heart wrenching, adding "heavy losses were incurred by the Railway Ministry and people."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Nuke-armed Pakistan can 'target' Delhi in 5 minutes, claims AQ Khan
- Gorilla shot dead after child falls into enclosure at Cincinnati Zoo!
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature?
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part II
- Nirmala Sitharaman recommends raising tax holiday for start-ups
- Blasted by Twitterati, Tanmay Bhat hits back with 'Advani ke budhape' tweet; deletes it mins after posting
- Alan Pulido: Mexican footballer kidnapping sets off massive manhunt
- Italian actor Giorgio Albertazzi dies at 92
- Vanessa Paradis writes letter defending former partner Johnny Depp?