Gross negligence behind Dibrugarh Rajdhani derailment: Lalu Yadav
Chapra: Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) leader Lalu Prasad Yadav blamed the "gross negligence" of the Railway Ministry and Central government for the derailment of the Delhi-Dibrugarh Rajdhani Express near Chapra junction.
Terming the incident as the first in that region, the former railway minister accused the "Central government of still being busy in celebrating their win."
Yadav said, "This is a rule that a patrol engine is run half-an-hour before Rajdhani Express passes to make sure that the line is clear and safe."
He asked, "I want to know whether the patrol engine was run or not? And if Maoists had announced blockade much earlier then why were no precautions taken?"
Yadav termed the incident quite painful and heart wrenching, adding "heavy losses were incurred by the Railway Ministry and people."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Munich shooter was German-Iranian, motive `unclear`: Police
- Rajnath Singh to arrive in trouble-torn Kashmir on Saturday
- WOAH! Cristiano Ronaldo opens own 'CR7' hotel, gives name to airport
- Usain Bolt eases to victory, Kendra Harrison hurdles to glory
- Oil dives 2%, heads for weekly loss as US rigs rise