Gross negligence behind Dibrugarh Rajdhani derailment: Lalu Yadav
Chapra: Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) leader Lalu Prasad Yadav blamed the "gross negligence" of the Railway Ministry and Central government for the derailment of the Delhi-Dibrugarh Rajdhani Express near Chapra junction.
Terming the incident as the first in that region, the former railway minister accused the "Central government of still being busy in celebrating their win."
Yadav said, "This is a rule that a patrol engine is run half-an-hour before Rajdhani Express passes to make sure that the line is clear and safe."
He asked, "I want to know whether the patrol engine was run or not? And if Maoists had announced blockade much earlier then why were no precautions taken?"
Yadav termed the incident quite painful and heart wrenching, adding "heavy losses were incurred by the Railway Ministry and people."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'