Gross negligence behind Dibrugarh Rajdhani derailment: Lalu Yadav
Chapra: Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) leader Lalu Prasad Yadav blamed the "gross negligence" of the Railway Ministry and Central government for the derailment of the Delhi-Dibrugarh Rajdhani Express near Chapra junction.
Terming the incident as the first in that region, the former railway minister accused the "Central government of still being busy in celebrating their win."
Yadav said, "This is a rule that a patrol engine is run half-an-hour before Rajdhani Express passes to make sure that the line is clear and safe."
He asked, "I want to know whether the patrol engine was run or not? And if Maoists had announced blockade much earlier then why were no precautions taken?"
Yadav termed the incident quite painful and heart wrenching, adding "heavy losses were incurred by the Railway Ministry and people."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Scorpene submarine data leak: French ex-naval officer's hand suspected; 'serious matter', says Opposition
- No U-turn by Rahul Gandhi on RSS role: Digivjay Singh
- US Open: After clinching second Olympic gold, Andy Murray eyes fourth Grand Slam title
- Dahi Handi events in Dadar, Thane flout Supreme Court rule; human pyramids go beyond 20 feet
- Sleep deprivation may lead to memory loss