Group visa for Pak nationals may be put on hold
New Delhi: After suspension of visa on arrival facility for senior citizens of Pakistan, group visa for Pakistani nationals may be put on hold amid mounting tension on the Line of Control (LoC).
As part of the new relaxed India-Pakistan visa agreement, the two countries are expected to operationalise the group tourist visa facility to be offered to each other`s citizens from March 15 but the move may be put on hold following recent skirmishes along the border, Home Ministry officials said.
However, since the scheduled date is still two months away, no decision has been yet taken by the government on the group visa facility to be offered to the Pakistani nationals.
According to the pact, group tourist visa would be offered for a period of 30 days to tourists travelling in groups with not less than 10 members and not more than 50 members and organised by approved tour operators or travel agents.
"Government will take an appropriate view at an appropriate time," an official said.
Yesterday, India put on hold the operationalisation of visa on arrival for Pakistani nationals above 65 years which was supposed to start at the Attari Integrated Check Post.
The new visa agreement between India and Pakistan was signed in September 2012 to ease cross-border travel as part of a number of confidence building measures.
Some clauses of the relaxed visa regime like multiple- entry and reporting-free visas for businessmen and allowing them to visit five cities instead of the earlier three were operationalised when Pakistan`s Interior Minister Rehman Malik visited New Delhi last month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!