GSLV launch on April 15, PSLV on May 5
Bangalore: India`s GSLV rocket, powered
by home-made cryogenic engine for the first time, would be
launched on April 15 from Sriharikota to place into orbit
GSAT-4 experimental satellite.
The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) also
fixed May 5 as the date for the launch of the Cartosat-2B by
Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle (PSLV).
The mission readiness review conducted by ISRO at
Sriharikota yesterday finalised the dates, and gave the
go-ahead for the two launches, sources in the space agency
told PTI here.
The GSLV would be powered by home-made cryogenic engine
for the first time. Previous GSLV flights were fitted with
Besides the Cartosat-2B, the PSLV would also have on
board an Algerian satellite and some small and nano
satellites, ISRO sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days