GSLV launch on April 15, PSLV on May 5
Bangalore: India`s GSLV rocket, powered
by home-made cryogenic engine for the first time, would be
launched on April 15 from Sriharikota to place into orbit
GSAT-4 experimental satellite.
The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) also
fixed May 5 as the date for the launch of the Cartosat-2B by
Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle (PSLV).
The mission readiness review conducted by ISRO at
Sriharikota yesterday finalised the dates, and gave the
go-ahead for the two launches, sources in the space agency
told PTI here.
The GSLV would be powered by home-made cryogenic engine
for the first time. Previous GSLV flights were fitted with
Besides the Cartosat-2B, the PSLV would also have on
board an Algerian satellite and some small and nano
satellites, ISRO sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Disruption of Parliament not acceptable, for God's sake, do your job: President Pranab Mukherjee to MPs