GSLV launch on April 15, PSLV on May 5
Bangalore: India`s GSLV rocket, powered
by home-made cryogenic engine for the first time, would be
launched on April 15 from Sriharikota to place into orbit
GSAT-4 experimental satellite.
The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) also
fixed May 5 as the date for the launch of the Cartosat-2B by
Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle (PSLV).
The mission readiness review conducted by ISRO at
Sriharikota yesterday finalised the dates, and gave the
go-ahead for the two launches, sources in the space agency
told PTI here.
The GSLV would be powered by home-made cryogenic engine
for the first time. Previous GSLV flights were fitted with
Besides the Cartosat-2B, the PSLV would also have on
board an Algerian satellite and some small and nano
satellites, ISRO sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena was Indrani’s daughter from her previous marriage, not sister
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- DNA: Sheena Bora's murder case- Know how the mystery unfolded!
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal