Guard at Sachin Pilot`s house shoots himself dead
New Delhi: A 32-year-old security guard from the north east allegedly shot himself dead at the residence of Union Minister Sachin Pilot early Sunday morning, police said today.
Inapu, who hailed from Kohima in Nagaland, pumped bullets into his head using his self-loading rifle at the 3, Safdurjung Raod residence of Pilot around midnight, a senior police official said.
No suicide note has been recovered and police is investigating whether he took the extreme step due to work pressure or any personal problems.
Inapu, who is with Nagaland Armed Police, was on duty between 10 pm yesterday and one am today. "He took the extreme step around midnight," the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days