Guard of honour given to CRPF jawans
Raipur: A guard of honour was today given to
the 26 CRPF jawans who were killed in a Naxal attack in
Chhattisgarh`s Naryanpur district.
The guard of honour was given in the presence of Governor
Shekhar Dutt, Chief Minister Raman Singh, Leader of Opposition
in the Assembly Ravindra Choubey, Home Minister Nanki Ram
Kanwar, CRPF Director General Vikram Shrivastav and state DGP
Vishwaranjan at the Parade Maidan in Mana where the bodies of
the security men were kept draped in national tri-colour.
Later, the bodies would be sent to their native places.
Maoists shot dead 26 CRPF personnel and wounded eight
others in an ambush in a remote area of Narayanpur district
Paying tributes to the deceased security men, Raman Singh
said their sacrifice would not go in vain.
"Security personnel from across the country are here to
fight the Naxal menace. Such attacks are an attempt to
demoralise them. Efforts would be made to ensure that their
morale is not undermined," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional