Guard of honour given to CRPF jawans
Raipur: A guard of honour was today given to
the 26 CRPF jawans who were killed in a Naxal attack in
Chhattisgarh`s Naryanpur district.
The guard of honour was given in the presence of Governor
Shekhar Dutt, Chief Minister Raman Singh, Leader of Opposition
in the Assembly Ravindra Choubey, Home Minister Nanki Ram
Kanwar, CRPF Director General Vikram Shrivastav and state DGP
Vishwaranjan at the Parade Maidan in Mana where the bodies of
the security men were kept draped in national tri-colour.
Later, the bodies would be sent to their native places.
Maoists shot dead 26 CRPF personnel and wounded eight
others in an ambush in a remote area of Narayanpur district
Paying tributes to the deceased security men, Raman Singh
said their sacrifice would not go in vain.
"Security personnel from across the country are here to
fight the Naxal menace. Such attacks are an attempt to
demoralise them. Efforts would be made to ensure that their
morale is not undermined," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!
- NASA completes series of engine tests for next big rocket