Guilty in Adarsh scam would be severally punished: Army Chief
Dehra Dun: Army Chief Gen VK Singh on Saturday
said appropriate action would be taken against all those Army
personnel involved in the Adarsh Housing Society scam.
The matter was being probed and appropriate action would
be taken against those found guilty as per army rules, he told
The army had taken action against those found guilty in
the Tehekla expose and "this time around we will also take
suitable action", the Army chief said.
On incidents of violation of ceasefire by Pakistan in
Jammu and Kashmir, he said this was not a serious issue.
"There is absolutely no need to panic. Regular flag
meetings are being held to discuss the matter," Gen Singh said
after reviewing the Passing Out Parade of the IMA here.
To a question, he said women might be seen in combat
role in the Army in future.
"However, as far as the question of involving women in
combat role is concerned, we do not have enough women at the
level of jawans," Gen Singh said.
No armed force of any country had so far involved women
in combat role, he said.
The presence of women in the army had be increased at all
all levels and a change in this regard might be witnessed in
future, the Army Chief said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi