Guilty in Adarsh scam would be severally punished: Army Chief
Dehra Dun: Army Chief Gen VK Singh on Saturday
said appropriate action would be taken against all those Army
personnel involved in the Adarsh Housing Society scam.
The matter was being probed and appropriate action would
be taken against those found guilty as per army rules, he told
The army had taken action against those found guilty in
the Tehekla expose and "this time around we will also take
suitable action", the Army chief said.
On incidents of violation of ceasefire by Pakistan in
Jammu and Kashmir, he said this was not a serious issue.
"There is absolutely no need to panic. Regular flag
meetings are being held to discuss the matter," Gen Singh said
after reviewing the Passing Out Parade of the IMA here.
To a question, he said women might be seen in combat
role in the Army in future.
"However, as far as the question of involving women in
combat role is concerned, we do not have enough women at the
level of jawans," Gen Singh said.
No armed force of any country had so far involved women
in combat role, he said.
The presence of women in the army had be increased at all
all levels and a change in this regard might be witnessed in
future, the Army Chief said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Maharajganj
- Are educational institutions becoming a tool to showcase anti-national agendas?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- DNA: Post demonetisation, India records 7% GDP growth rate in Q3
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- No AC, mattress for Sasikala in prison, confirms DIG; may not be shifted to Chennai jail
- Gurmehar-ABVP ruckus: Virender Sehwag represents BCCI not India, says Umar Khalid