Guilty will be punished, says Congress
New Delhi: The Congress Saturday said those who took bribe to ensure the promotion of a railway official will be punished.
"Whoever is the culprit will be punished," Congress spokesperson Rashid Alvi told reporters.
The CBI Saturday arrested Bansal`s nephew Vijay Singla and three others in Chandigarh for allegedly taking a bribe from the railway official. A total of six people have been arrested.
Singla allegedly took Rs.90 lakh to ensure the promotion of railway official Mahesh Kumar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- No ''tech traces'' of American University attack found: Pakistan to Afghanistan
- Intex unveils Cloud Tread smartphone for multi-taskers at Rs 4,999
- India vs West Indies, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, venue, TV listing, live streaming
- Need to change laws, speed up processes to transform India: PM Narendra Modi
- Maharashtra's internal security law a 'jolt to democracy', says Shiv Sena