Guilty will be punished, says Congress
New Delhi: The Congress Saturday said those who took bribe to ensure the promotion of a railway official will be punished.
"Whoever is the culprit will be punished," Congress spokesperson Rashid Alvi told reporters.
The CBI Saturday arrested Bansal`s nephew Vijay Singla and three others in Chandigarh for allegedly taking a bribe from the railway official. A total of six people have been arrested.
Singla allegedly took Rs.90 lakh to ensure the promotion of railway official Mahesh Kumar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of 17 years of Kargil war history
- DNA: Analysis of 17 years of Kargil war history- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of doping controversies of Narsingh Yadav and Inderjeet Singh
- DNA: Analysis of doping controversies of Narsingh Yadav and Inderjeet Singh- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of Indian boat patrols on Ladakh's Pangong Tso Lake
- British Council employee under fire over Prince George remarks
- British convert to Islam 'Jihadi Jack' denies joining ISIS
- Rio Olympics: Saina Nehwal seeded 5th, PV Sindhu 9th for the 2016 Games
- Volkswagen gets preliminary approval for US diesel settlement
- Parliament passes bill to allow kids below 14 to be engaged in 'home-based work'