Guj HC grants transit anticipatory bail to Ketan Desai`s wife
Ahmedabad: Gujarat High Court today granted
anticipatory bail to Alka Desai, wife of former president of
Medical Council of India (MCI) Ketan Desai.
Alka has sought transit anticipatory bail as her name
appears in the case filed by CBI against Ketan Desai, for
having disproportionate assets.
Justice Z K Saiyad while granting transit anticipatory
bail said Alka needs to remain present before the CBI
authorities in Delhi by August 9.
Alka had filed for transit anticipatory bail as she has
to file for anticipatory bail before a court in Delhi.
In her application she had stated that she should not be
arrested by the CBI in the disproportionate assets case until
she files for anticipatory bail in Delhi court.
Earlier, a local court here had rejected Alka`s similar
application following which she had approached the Gujarat
CBI had registered a disproportionate assets case against
ex-MCI chief Ketan Desai, his wife and mother in May for
having assets worth over Rs 24 crore, more than the known
sources of their income.
Alka, in her application claimed that the CBI had
arrested her husband in a second case as soon as he was
granted bail by Delhi court. She has further claimed that her
mother was not well and was admitted in intensive care unit of
a private hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi